Welcome!

Mrs. Rudy/Ms. Ridel, Welcome to my blog on Underground to Canada! Feel free to look around and to read my posts. Enjoy!


Monday, March 2, 2009

Closing

During the attempt to free the slaves, the underground railway was a success. Many African Americans traveled North to Canada, and began new lives in their new country. The journey they traveled was marked with danger and required a team of brave people. The efforts of many quaker abolitionists and free blacks saved many lives.

This prayer is dedicated to all those who helped and all those who made it to Canada:

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into God's presence with singing!
Know that the Lord is God!
It is he that made us in his image, and we are his;
We are his people, and the many coloured sheep of his pasture,
Enter Canada with thanksgiving, and give praise to all those who helped!
Give thanks to him, bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
His steadfast love endures for ever,
and his faithfulness to all future generations.

May we live in peace with each other,
All races and religions living in harmony.
Amen

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed how you included the prayer. Very Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice prayer Quaker Abolishonist! Don't worry your plan worked this time but I definitely will get you next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr.Abolishonist I would like to thank-you on behalf of myself and my dear friend Julilie. If it was not for you people we would still be stuck at the Riley plantation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You stupid Quaker! I can't believe you would help those dirty slaves! Don't you think all black people should just be slaves and nothing else. Well, that is what I think! I guess you can keep your hopes up, but sooner or later I will find you and you and all your Abolitionist friends and you will go to jail and have a lot of money due! I guess there is nothing I do now but you just wait I will get you! Oh and that prayer,yeah you can pray all you want but other than Julilly, Lester,Adam and Liza no one and I mean no one else will ever escape my plantation! Well that is all I have to say for now! Good Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Junlily and I would like to thank- you very, very much! With-out people like you,we would have never made it to Canada, and I never would have been reunited with my dear mama. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liza--> Hey, that's one great prayer, and I'm sure my father would have liked it too. He was a religious preacher and always appreciated a well written prayer, as do I. You are a great help to the anti-slaver movement and I would like to thank you very much. God bless you and all those brave souls who help unfortunate slaves like us!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Quote

"Trusting that this volume will accomplish something toward the eradication of the spirit of caste, which still exists in our land--though, in the providence of God, slavery itself has been removed--and in the acceptance and practice of that command, which reads: "Love thy neighbor as thyself," I now commend it to the reader."

LEVI COFFIN