Welcome!

Mrs. Rudy/Ms. Ridel, Welcome to my blog on Underground to Canada! Feel free to look around and to read my posts. Enjoy!


Sunday, March 1, 2009

Unity

An important theme in this book is unity. Unity is to unite, meaning teamwork or to combine.
All of the characters who helped the slaves had to work together. Their teamwork resulted in freedom in Canada for the slaves.
Teamwork is as important in our daily lives today, just as much as it was back then. To overcome obstacles in life, people need to work with each other.

2 comments:

  1. I Liza am truly greatful of what you people do. I would have never guessed that so many Quaker Abolitionists come together to work as one. I am glad you people work together to help us slaves. Well put theme, it makes understanding much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julilly and I also believe in unity. Without you Quaker Abolitionists,Julilly and I would have never made it to Canada. Thank You so much!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Quote

"Trusting that this volume will accomplish something toward the eradication of the spirit of caste, which still exists in our land--though, in the providence of God, slavery itself has been removed--and in the acceptance and practice of that command, which reads: "Love thy neighbor as thyself," I now commend it to the reader."

LEVI COFFIN